Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday update

The procedure this morning went well. As I mentioned before, we won't know if the amniopatch will hold or not for a week or two. I have been told to expect a lot of amniotic fluid leaking tonight and tomorrow, but have so far only leaked a little while still in the recovery room.

Speaking of recovery, I am absolutely wiped out. I was wheeled from the OR to recovery almost 8 hours ago, and still don't feel back to my old self. Two weeks ago, after the much more invasive fetoscopy, I was wide awake and chipper as soon as the surgery was over. Not sure if this is a result of anesthesia, exhaustion from the events of the last week(s), the IV antibiotics (before this month, I hadn't had antibiotics in probably 20 years), or a combination of all of these. 

In addition, my headaches pre-surgery today were non-stop, and hardly bearable. I believe they are caused by tension in my neck, plus extremely low blood pressure (as low as 89/60), combined with low blood sugar from fasting since midnight, as well as being dehydrated from not being allowed to drink, either. In any case, when I was moved onto the operating table, the change in position made the headache excruciating. The anesthesiologist caught on to this, because shortly thereafter, I felt my mouth and head go somewhat numb. I could still feel the pressure, but the pain was gone. When I asked if they had put something in my IV for the pain, they told me yes. So part of my sluggish recovery may be due to the pain meds, which I am also not used to.

I have been in my hospital room since early this afternoon, mostly just dozing, reading a little bit, listening to my husband telling me stories, etc. He just ran to pick me up some dinner from a real, authentic Hungarian restaurant just down the street from here. Yum - I can't wait. I always get homesick when I am not feeling well.

Tomorrow, I will be seen at Dr. C's office in the morning. They are mostly just checking to make sure both babies are doing well. When I first found out that my midwife found two heartbeats, I started crying. Now, the words I wait for more than anything each time they turn on the ultrasound machine are "There are two heart beats!" Perspective changes everything. 

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Please pray that the boys are well in the morning, and that the amniopatch will seal the leak.

12 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you and your family. I hope God sends just the right person to help your family during this time. My grandmother had to have bed rest with my uncle. My dad was 4. She said it was harder to let someone help with her home and family than stay in bed! God bless and keep you all in his loving arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankful all went well!! Praying for no leaks. So sorry about headaches and being home sick. Thankful for two beating hearts and what strong little boys you are carrying. :) Praise the Lord. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I audibly said 'Awww!' when I read that your husband got you Hungarian food for your supper in the hospital--what a sweet thing to do! (And trust me, you and the boys didn't miss out on a thing by not having the hospital food!) That anaesthesia is the absolutely pits, I remember the last time I went under general it took me a few weeks to feel 100%, so be patient with yourself and enjoy being able to get some good rest and quiet time. I want to tell you that I'm so jealous that you got to see the Queen Mary, my father came over on it from England when he was a younger man and so it always holds a special place in our family folklore. It looks like I'll have to check out the place where you got your fish and chips, too, yum yum! We're continuing to pray for you and I find myself saying 'arrow prayers' for your well-being throughout the day. Keep up the good work growing those babies! God bless you, Pastor Anderson, and the nine! Mindy
    P.S. My husband and I watched your husband's sermon on Christmas that he recently uploaded and enjoyed it very much! He's quite the entertaining and informative orator and now my love for 'pagan houseplants' has been a running joke in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Continue to expect progress, and that is what you shall receive. It is so true that perception changes everything. I affirm that your babies and you are in perfect health, and the remaining months of your pregnancy to be comfortable and enjoyable.

    Blessings to you, your husband, your family, and the sweet ones growing within you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Zsuzsa, I pray that your surgery will be successful and that the twins will be born at full term, happy and healthy, no defects at all and can be taken home straight away. I know I am praying for a miracle here, but this is exactly what God can do if it is according to His will. Wishing you a good recovery and trust and strength in the Lords plan and provision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been anxiously waiting for your update, so glad the procedure went well! Praying that it solves the problem. I would think all those factors would wipe you out for sure, maybe once you get back to drinking Kombucha, ACV, more probiotic foods you will feel much better, take it easy peasy! Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very glad to hear the good preliminary update! Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and we'll hope to hear great things over the next few weeks! Praying for you all!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying. My heart goes out to you. I just had a terribly complicated pregnancy myself, I know how physically and emotionally hard it is.

    -Carolyn Bassett

    ReplyDelete
  9. "When I first found out that my midwife found two heartbeats, I started crying. Now, the words I wait for more than anything each time they turn on the ultrasound machine are "There are two heart beats!" Perspective changes everything"- this made me cry because it is so true. Even with what you are going through, thanks for the reminder. Prayers still coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update. I've been praying for you and the babies. Thank God the procedure went well. Praying for healing and a healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are praying for you! ~The E. Family

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.