Friday, December 20, 2013

Back home

My husband and I just got back home a little bit ago. When the kids saw us pull into the driveway, they opened the door and were all standing there, beaming.

Imagine my surprise when I walked in to find my entire living room and kitchen covered in beautiful flower bouquets and balloons, as well as various "welcome home" messages taped everywhere.


The flowers and balloons were gifts from the families at our church. They are gorgeous, and smell wonderful. I am so very thankful for all the love and support we have received from our people during this time. Both with the last surgery and this, someone brought dinner to my family every single night while we were gone, to help make things easier back here at home.

I am so thankful to have all these beautiful things to look at and cheer me up as I will have to continue on modified bed rest for at least another two weeks. To everyone at our church: THANK YOU so very much for your prayers, support, the meals, and all the love to our whole family!! :)


As far as the appointment with Dr. C this morning, it really went well. I have only had minimal leaking since the amniopatch yesterday, which had worried me because I had been told to expect a lot. As it turns out, not leaking, or only leaking a little, is perfectly fine. Even though we won't know for sure if the patch worked, and will hold, for about two more weeks, it looked very promising on the ultrasound today. Already, there was much less fluid between the uterine wall and the chorion (outer sac) of the babies. Even if it never leaks out, the body will absorb it over time, and the patched membranes ***should*** seal to the uterine wall at that point, further reinforcing the patch. I should get an update next Thursday (12/26) at my 1-week post op appointment with Dr. E (which is also my 3-week post laser appointment).

Both boys are doing great. The fluid level on Baby A (former donor) is still increasing and now in the normal range, while the heart muscle on Baby B (former recipient) that had appeared thickened before due to the extra strain of too much blood volume has now normalized. The fluid levels on Baby A's brain have also normalized, and they generally look very much alike even on ultrasound, and closer in size than before. I will have to scan and post some of the bazillion ultrasound pictures I have of them. They look just like Baby Stephen!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers.

10 comments:

  1. What wonderful news, on all fronts!! Prayers continuing, as always!!! :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started reading all these posts last night. Went to bed and finalllly had time to read blogs. I couldn't believe it when I read all that's been going on! First I saw twins and got so excited... by then endnof all the posts I was sooooo heacy hearted and just prayed for you and you family and the twins! When I got up this morning I wrote you on my daily prayer list...
    There are so many praying for you and as difficult as it all MUST be isn't it amazing to see God doing what only He can do? And I know there are moments of fear, stress and probably worry...but as you wrote in one of your comments, you trust God with whatever outcome He chooses! We know from reading in Matthew that worry can't add one cubit unto our stature.... so worry won't change the outcome. But what a blessing it is that PRAYER can move His mighty hand!

    Well, I am so very glad you are posting updates and please know that our family is praying for your family.

    ♥ The Pelkeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you're doing better! Still continuing prayers for you Mrs. Anderson <3 If you need anything don't hessitate to ask. By the way it's me Valery C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for taking time to update, when I am sure you would rather be spending time with your family!!! Praying for you and your two precious little boys :) :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is awesome! Great news I will continue to keep your beautiful family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have followed your blog for a while mostly for your information on organic eating and natural health, since we tend to disagree on some very big issues. That said, I have been checking frequently to see how you and the twins are doing and I am so heartened each time you share positive news! May God's blessing continue to be upon you, throughout this pregnancy, and with your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first found out about the news of your twins from your husband's youtube channel and have subsequently been reading your blog and praying daily for the twins and your whole family (I had been keeping your family in my prayers for months before all of this too!).

    I tear with the stressful updates and cheer with the positive. All glory to God!

    My husband and I have just 'pitched in' and will continue to keep you all in our prayers everyday.

    From the mountains of British Columbia
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise the Lord for your wonderful church family. As usual, still praying....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want you to know that I read about your Medicaid limit comment on Facebook. That is definitely not the limit at all. that's the limit if you're getting the non-pregnancy Medicaid. You would most certainly qualify for Medicaid. Also the way the system works is they make it very difficult for people to get approved. Sometimes telling you you've been denied because you forgot to turn in a paper or something else silly like that. Basically you have to be your own advocate and apply and then just keep calling until they approve you. Like I said, you would qualify for sure with your family size. Please look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do not post: this is just for you. I don't like it that you haven't updated in awhile- that worries me. Again, I keep saying it but you owe us blog readers nothing. If you want more prayers, keep not posting because it makes me pray for you all harder! :) God bless you all. I have read your blog for so many years now. I've mentioned to you a couple weeks ago in a comment what all we've had in common. But, I've also learned so much from you and Pastor Anderson. He was the first Baptist preacher I heard preach against women wearing pants. It was hard to hear. It took me awhile. It's now been 4 years since I've worn pants. I could go on and on. I am still praying for you all and hope you have a Merry Christmas. Shannon PS: praying for all your children as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.